If you travel to school every day by train, bus coach or Underground, ask at the station about season tickets.


There are sometimes different concession tickets available, for short or long periods, day returns for tourist visits, and cheap rates for students. Bring with you a few spare passport sized photos which may be useful when obtaining tickets.


Full-time students on courses of 26 weeks or more are eligible for international student identity cards (ISIC), ask your school for more details. Students can obtain ISIC cards before travelling in order to obtain discounts on their outward journeys.

Last modified: Wednesday, 16 January 2008, 01:16 PM